Do you remember this little cutie? Click here to read about the doll head planter’s creation!
Look how much the sundews have grown! There’s even a little Drosera binata growing that was dormant when I first potted them up!
I got a pack of these doll heads at a thrift store, so I had a couple more to play with. One comment on the last post suggested cutting an eye out and letting something grow out of it. I had to try it, of course!
This one has a bit more of a tan! Like with the first doll head, I used long-fiber sphagnum moss to plug up the bottom. I stuffed more moss into the eye hole for the same purpose, to keep soil from leaking out. Maybe some live moss will grow out of it! The soil was 50/50 peat moss and silica sand.
These sundews are all rogue hitchhikers found in my neighboring Dionaea and Sarracenia pots. Might as well use them to experiment with new planters! The one at the top of this photo looks like a Drosera capensis for sure. Pretty sure the rest are D. spatulata. We’ll see how they grow!
I am considering selling these little guys soon to clear some room. If you want one, sign up for my email list below! I’ll be notifying my subscribers first if I put anything up for sale.