Hey, happy Friday everyone! I know the blog has been quiet this week. Like many of you, I’m busy and going crazy trying to navigate crowded stores, long lines, and crazy drivers. THE HOLIDAYS, amiright?!
I do have some exciting new additions and developments to my plant collection, including a DIY indoor growing setup that is so much better than what I’ve done before! It is a lot of information though, so I have to break it down and organize it a bit. I have lots of exciting plans for the new year!
In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to go off-topic a bit and share some non-carnivorous plant related personal tidbits about me. I am pretty shy, and prefer to keep personal info off the internet, so this is me breaking my comfort zone! But hey, we’re all real people behind screens and text and still got to form these human connections! So here’s a little of Maria in bullet-point form:
- Despite the name of this website, I was actually a vegetarian for about a year (though I still ate fish, so pescaterian?). But I’ve come back to the light since then! 😉 On that note, many people think I’m veg when they first meet me. I’m not sure how I give that vibe!
- I’m a native Californian and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else! When I was younger, I lived with my family in Albuquerque, New Mexico for about two years.
- I have one sibling, a brother who is exactly two years and two months younger than me.
- I am (somewhat) well-traveled. I have visited Indonesia twice, plus a couple of European countries and several U.S. states. I first traveled abroad by myself when I just turned 17.
- I am sort of obsessed with cheesy, high-carb foods like mac and cheese, pizza, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I can pretty much live on most of forms of cheese + bread. And sushi, if money is no object!
- Currently, I have three tattoos. When time and finances allow, I’m 100% committed to getting a carnivorous plant tattoo! I plan on doing it before I turn 30.
- When I was 17, I got my eyebrow pierced and kept it until I was about 20. I don’t have any piercings anymore, but I do like my little eyebrow scar! I think it’s cute.
- I’m happily married to a dude who’s tall, ginger, and handsome. We honeymooned in Bruges, Belgium and our wedding rings have pieces of the same meteorite in them!
- The hubs and I are not into children or dogs, but we have an adorable, pain-in-the-ass cat named Sansa. We mostly call her “cat” and “goddamn cat”. Husband really likes rabbits, so we may get a house-rabbit one day.
- My hobbies aside from carnivorous plants include vinyasa yoga, nail polish, reading, board games, and craft beer. And blogging, I guess!
- I’m afraid of horses. I fell off a horse when I was five. When I’m anywhere near them now, all I can think about is how huge, powerful and strong they are, and whoever originally thought of riding them must have been insane.
- I’ve never had a cavity (knock on wood) and don’t have much of a sweet tooth. Give me salty, spicy, or slightly bitter over sweet.
- I’ve never broken a bone, either! (more knocking on wood)
- I’m almost constantly drinking one of the following: water, beer, black coffee, or tea. I never drink soda, and haven’t for years.
- Margaret Atwood and Kurt Vonnegut are my favorite authors. They are like my imaginary, literary grandparents.
- I chopped off most of my hair in 2012 and I’ve had a short, pixie-esque hairstyle ever since. I am considering letting part of it grow long, but still undecided for now. I’m lucky to have a good friend as my hair stylist!
Thanks for reading, folks! Now it’s your turn. 😀 Tell me an interesting fact about you in a comment! If there is anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask!
I will write at least one more post before Christmas. See you then! Have a great weekend!